Friday, September 26, 2014

Pretty Fly for a Hot Sauce and the Oscars of Condiments (yes, that is a thing)

I'll get to the awards in a minute. First, the hot sauce authority we all love and admire, Playboy Magazine's (um, what did I just write?) Joe Donatelli ranked the best 19 hot sauces. The usual suspects are there - Tabasco, Frank's, Cholula - but the winner is surprising, at least to me.


Congrats to Dexter Holland! If you don't know him, he's the lead singer of The Offspring, who you might remember from such 90's hits as Pretty Fly for a White Guy and Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated). Here's his hot sauce story:

How Far Can Dexter Holland's Gringo Bandito Go?

Meanwhile, Epicurious says Cholula's better...

What I consider to be the pinnacle of condiment judging just released their annual picks for the best in a myriad of categories. Chile Pepper Magazine (which can be found in paper form at Barnes & Noble) has all your awards winners here. I celebrated a few on BBQHoney's Facebook page earlier this week, and here's the list of all the winners and nominees: 



I'll definitely be trying a few of these (some are available near Casa de ZCB) and I'll report my findings once sampled.

It's Friday and warm (still) - Get the grill fired up and enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment